I dug into my adoption box for the first time and pulled out Russian coloring books and paper dolls to give the kids. I've been waiting for them to be old enough, but not be too old, to appreciate and enjoy them.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Our Gotcha Day Tradition
Seven years ago tonight, Dan and I were standing in an orphanage in Samara, Russia waiting to pick up our baby girls. We had no idea of the adventures and changes our lives were going to go through at the time, but wow, what a ride it has been. It hasn't always been easy. As a matter of fact, a lot of it has been down right hard, but God has orchestrated every minute of it. I am forever thankful that He gave us our girls (and our little man). The Marriott in Moscow was decorated with beautiful gingerbread houses so every year on Gotcha Day, the kids and I decorate houses. Dan and my mom joined in tonight and apparently, this is the first Gotcha Day Dan has been home for because he says he's never helped decorate them. And trust me, I would have enlisted his help if he'd been here. It's like our wedding anniversary...as long as he was at the main event, the rest is just a bonus (right?). The kids look forward to this activity every year and this year was no exception. We had a wonderful time and my Dad was kind enough to play photographer for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a neat tradition! I enjoyed reading your ramblings. Your children are very fortunate to have you as a mom!
ReplyDeleteI love them!
ReplyDeleteWho knows, maybe one day you all will get good enough to be in one of those fancy schmancy gingerbread contests!
I love it! What a special memory for your family. So sweet!
ReplyDeleteWith the wonderful group of stars grandpa had a very easy job of showing the best of all and I bet he was very proud as I would be to be the photographer>>Love G U C
ReplyDelete