Our friend, Rich, and his family have gotten into geocaching right along with us. He's actually ahead of us because he's moved onto hiding his own caches. He designed a cache specifically with Dan in mind and waited until we came home to hide it so that we'd be the FTF (first to find.) We went to Munson yesterday to find it. We were way out in the middle of nowhere where people live "off the grid" I'm sure. We followed a really pretty trail into the woods. The kids were impressed with the clay canyons and Juniper Creek below.
I'm so glad Rich and Jen gave us the coordinates instead of relying on our iphones and geocaching.com because we were so far out that we had no data service. Our GPS thankfully worked. They found a really pretty spot to hide the cache and I'm proud to say that I was the first one to spot it. Normally, I'm the last.
Encase you are wondering how Rich could design a cache with Dan in mind, here's a picture. Dan and Rich both have a crazy obsession with Star Wars.
It was a fun find. We took out our Star Wars trophies and let vintage Star Wars swag for the next people who find it!
Love it! Rich will be thrilled that you documented it. My camera battery died on the way out there.
ReplyDeleteHey you, is this place in Fla??GUC
ReplyDeleteGUC - we were in Munson near blackwater, Close to Milton. Did that cliff scare you??
ReplyDeleteOh my golly, that looks fun.
ReplyDeleteDon't get me started...Hubs mentioned living in Milton if we get stationed there again...good grief, I need some motrin.
No the cliff didn't bother me just curious.Thanks for info GUC
ReplyDelete