If you know me well, you know I'm OCD about a few things. While I'm sure my mom will tell you I never made up my bed growing up; as soon as I got married and was on my own, my bed making gene kicked in. My bed is made everyday period, end of sentence. If for some reason it doesn't get made (like Dan is off from work and sleeps in), the covers must get straightened before I go to bed. There's nothing better after a long day than sliding into between clean straight sheets.
Anyway, so the kids have been making their own beds in the mornings for about 3 weeks now. I am so impressed. I don't even have to tell them now. It's starting to become a habit and I love it! Check out their beds this morning. Didn't they do a great job? It makes me smile everytime I go upstairs and see their cleaned up rooms. Now, if only we can get the playroom to look like their rooms!
I have one bed maker in my family! The rest, well...not so much. Oh well. Princess Hope is obsessive compulsive about her bed. Maybe she should have been your child. ;)
ReplyDeleteI love a well made bed. It is just that sometimes that is the chore to get cut when so many more, plus school time, are screaming for my attention.