The 3rd grade teachers are serious about learning, which is great, don't get me wrong, but it scares me just a little. Jaelyn is just at grade level. I worry about her being able to keep up and have success. We are already struggling with homework and she's not getting all of it yet. I'm going to have to think up some major motivation and rewards.
Allie's teacher is loads of fun. Allie is going to love her. She closed out the night. The assistant principal came in to stand at the back of the room as a "hurry up." When we left, the rest of the school was dark. The kids were fast asleep when I got home.
Yesterday, was a day of errands and an afternoon of tantrums over homework. At least Allie and Caden are doing their homework without a fuss. I really need to devote an entry to Jaelyn and her explosions. School has started, fall is approaching and she's ready to blow at any minute these days after a calm spring and summer. We've been walking on egg shells the last 2 weeks. Prayers would be appreciated.
So today, I slept until 8. The kids took care of their breakfast with a little help from Dan before he left for work. They watched cartoons while I got ready and then we headed to the giraffe park to play. It was a beautiful day - 70s and blue skies. I wish it would stay like this. I love the beginnings of fall, but not the end when it turns into winter. Yuck. We ran into friends at the park and then had lunch with Dan at Chick-fil-a where we ran into more friends.
The wind was blowing perfectly so we headed to the soccer field after lunch for some kite flying. It was great. Normally it's very frustrating with twisted tails and knotted strong and only me to help three. Today, we had minimal issues. Everyone got their kites up into the air.
We also stopped by the library where we saw another friend before heading home for the day. I'm looking forward to school tomorrow so I can get to the gym. It'll be my 3rd workout of the week! I'm doing good!
No comments:
Post a Comment