This goes on the list of things I never thought I'd say. A while back, we noticed that Moe's fish tank was very cloudy. Allie admitted to feeding him and swirling his water around with her finger. Since that day, Moe has never been the same. He stopped swimming and has looked like he were going to die any day. Allie eventually admitted to catching Moe in her hand and holding him out of water so she could pet him. "But I wanted to pet him, Mommy," I believe were her exact words.
Moe has developed white spots that could be ich...maybe. I don't know. I'm not good with fish. I bought some ich medicine to treat his tank. For the cost of the medicine, I could have euthanized Moe to put him out of his misery because he doesn't look happy and bought Jaelyn a look-alike fish. I bet she wouldn't have even noticed. Oh well, for now we are going to extreme measures to save Moe. I had to explain to the kids what I was doing and why what Allie did could have introduced bacteria to his tank or stressed him enough to make him vulerable to getting sick. I ended my lecture with "Allie, you may not pet the fish...again!"
No comments:
Post a Comment