When we moved into our house 3 1/2 years ago, there were several little things that needed to be done. One of the things that bugged me in our 1/2 bath was the missing caps to cover the bolts and nuts that hold our toilet in place. I finally remembered when I was at Home Depot and viola - the rusty, nasty bolts and nuts are covered! It makes me smile every time I walk into the bathroom. When I told Dan, in the 3 1/2 years it's been driving me crazy, he hadn't even noticed.
It took me 3 tries to get it right, but I was bound and determined. The perfect ratio was 1 cup of water to 3 cups of sugar boiling for 1 minute. We had tiny crystals by the next day. I still haven't let the kids eat them. I'm a mean Mommy, but hey, I wouldn't let them eat a tablespoon of sugar either. I don't see the difference.
I picked up my bowl from Amazing Glaze and I think it turned out fabulously. I mixed a bright, sunny yellow with a brown to come up with the perfect golden yellow to match our house!
While my brother had Star Wars figures growing up, I had smurfs. My mom saved my smurfs and my kids have loved playing with the boxful every time we visit. I was especially looking forward to playing with them in June because the kids had seen the preview for the Smurf movie in the works. Well, my mom forgot to mention that she sold me box of collectible toys at a garage sale in May. Can you believe it? She never mentioned a thing. By the way, the Star Wars toys are still at her house - seems like a double standard to me. Just sayin'. I was at Target today and they had Smurf figures in their dollar section. I bought 6 Smurfs to start my NEW collection. Pay up time Jeannie Linguine :p!
What little things make you happy? For Dan, it's 3 pairs of new toe socks.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the smurfs! hey, could you e-mail or pm me the info for jaelyn's blog? it's c, if ya didn't know :D guess you can't hear my voice online, huh?
ReplyDeleteUm....yeah. I am NOT going to show you a picture of my toilet screw caps. Sorry. You'd not be pleased with me. Do you sleep? When you you find time to polish things up like that? Really, I mean it. Quit! You make me look B-A-D! ;)
ReplyDelete