Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Let the (War) Games Begin

Dan left this morning for his semi-annual trip to Korea for training exercises. I think this is his third or maybe fourth trip since we've been at APG. He'll be gone until mid-March...home just in time for my birthday - not that I'm celebrating getting older. I've finally hit the point I'd rather forget it than celebrate it. Anyway, while Dan plays his war games in Korea, I'm praying I won't have to play my own war games here.

Today was a good day actually. I had plans for my 2 1/2 hours of free time while Caden was in preschool, but the darn phone rang at 5:40 with a message from Terry Cranfeld (I bet she has the most hated voice in all of our county) telling us today, once again, schools will be closed. Today was snow day #9. At this rate we either won't get a spring break or we won't get ouf of school until July. I don't understand why they cancelled school. We were on the very edge of this latest blizzard. We got lots of wind, but maybe 1/2" of snow on the ground with 2" snow drifts. After the week of back to back blizzards, that's nothing. I took the kids to the library to stock up on books and movies and then I spent a quiet afternoon reading a book while the kids played and watched TV. After dinner, we played Mario Cart on the Wii. I was so against having a game console, but I must admit, I enjoy racing with the kids. Jaelyn and Caden like it too. Allie, well, she always loses and it really upsets her...sometimes to the point of tears. It's not always the most positive experience when she plays with us.

The kids are tucked in bed now and I'm hoping to have a quiet evening. We'll see...the night is still young :p.

2 comments:

  1. I clearly remember playing war games when I was a kid living on a military base. I guess we just copied what our dads did. Go figure.

    so sorry he is gone again. Jeepers, he is a busy man! How log til retirement ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, Allie asks me that question every other day. She's ready for Daddy to be done with his soldier job!

    ReplyDelete