Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Clean House Makes Me Happy

I've been in a funk the last few days. I know why. It's not hard to figure out. Dan came home for 2 weeks to visit before heading to Korea to play war games for 3 1/2 weeks. He leaves tonight...well tomorrow morning, but at like 3 am to get to the base to catch a bus to the airport...so I'm calling it tonight. I've let things go around the house for the last few days and the combination of both things have been about to drive me crazy. I hid in a book yesterday. I decided to do something about it today. I can't do anything about Dan leaving, but I can about the house. I started at the top and worked my way down. I've changed sheets, made beds, picked up toys, cleaned (I actually mean SCRUBBED) 4 bathrooms, straightened and cleaned out clutter, did the dishes, dusted the whole house, vacuumed and mopped the floors and am in the process of doing 4 loads of laundry. I have about 2 hours to sit and enjoy before Hurricane Kids comes crashing in the door and destroys everything I worked so hard to do. I might just have to banish everyone to the basement so I can enjoy the calm a little longer.

Last night I told Dan that I've never understood the need for a formal living room and a family room. I do now. I want a formal living room or maybe just a study that's mine. There's going to be a sign on the door that says "Kelly's Club - No One Allowed!" Ha! It's going to be clean and organized and everything is going to be in it's place. Dan wants a man cave so why can't I have a girly version?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a great thought - imagine having a room all to myself! I could keep all the chocolate I wanted in there and I wouldn't even have to hide it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Sandi's description! Ha!
    Sounds good to me!
    I'm praying for you guys as you head into another few weeks of Dan being gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a thorough housecleaning does seem to get the cobwebs out of my head as well off of my ceiling! I pray that the time that Dan is away passes by quickly for you all!

    ReplyDelete