They turned out great (if I do say so myself), but unfortunately, I didn't think about the pattern or the pattern of the other pillows on the couch. Too much pattern! For now, the pillows will live in other chairs and I'll continue my hunt for plainer material. Or, I'll buy fusible interfacing and see if I can fix the original pillows.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Two Things Off my To Do List, Kind Of
Two things have been driving me crazy. The first is the pile of papers in a basket on my file cabinet. I have my financial papers that need to go in the file cabinet mixed with the kids' school papers I want to save. It was a mess. I ordered these magazine holders (Kat, don't you love them?). Each kid has one. At the end of the school year, I'll condense all their work and put it into a 3 ring binder to be filed away in a storage box. I've done that for Allie and Jaelyn the last 2 years and it's worked well. They love going through their binders to see their progress. I also have a file bin for me and a miscellaneous bin to store things until I figure out what to do with them.
My second problem was the pillows on my couch. I have 2 gold throw pillow. They weren't cheap, but they weren't expensive either and I'm paying for it now. The seams are frayed. I've hand sewn them, but they are pulling out again. I found this beautiful material and fringe on-sale at Joann's so I decided to make new pillows.

They turned out great (if I do say so myself), but unfortunately, I didn't think about the pattern or the pattern of the other pillows on the couch. Too much pattern! For now, the pillows will live in other chairs and I'll continue my hunt for plainer material. Or, I'll buy fusible interfacing and see if I can fix the original pillows.
They turned out great (if I do say so myself), but unfortunately, I didn't think about the pattern or the pattern of the other pillows on the couch. Too much pattern! For now, the pillows will live in other chairs and I'll continue my hunt for plainer material. Or, I'll buy fusible interfacing and see if I can fix the original pillows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You, my good friend, are entirely tooooo organized ;) OK, so maybe that is my green headed jealousy speaking. Wanna come organize my closet?
ReplyDeleteThe pillows are FAB. I am super proud of you.
J looks so proud - I love her grin!
ReplyDeleteKelly! I love your space! I love your pillows! I wish I lived close enough to visit!
ReplyDelete