I'm not sure if I should be annoyed or upset or have a good laugh. Allie came home from school today with an orange light for being unsafe at school. The sequence is green, yellow, orange, red. Apparently with about an hour of school left, she took the laces out of her tennis shoes when she was bored in math.
(the offending shoes)
Her teacher gave her an orange light for being unsafe. I get that, no problem. She could trip, fall and get hurt. Here's the thing though...if it's so unsafe to walk around without shoe laces in her shoes for an hour, shouldn't someone have helped her lace them back up??? I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do about this. Maybe ask the teacher to help her lace them back up if it's so unsafe as to bring home an orange light. I'm just annoyed by the whole thing - I mean she took both laces out. That's a lot of time for her teacher to not be paying attention to what's going on in her classroom. Then again, Allie is sneaky. For today, I think I'm choosing to laugh and not send her to school in lace up shoes again (at least not until her sweet teacher is back from maternity leave in a few weeks).
I enforced our orange light punishment and she spent quite a bit of time in her room. I decided to commute her sentence a little early though since I do think the orange light is silly.
I get that she could be in trouble for fiddling, not paying attention etc, but for being "unsafe"!!!???
ReplyDelete