Dan commented to me that I've been blogging a lot lately. It's addictive and I have nothing better to do today. I thought I'd share 2 new words with you.
The first is from my friend Angie. She commented "Kelly, you're so good to keep us all up to date. Journalizing your family's life is so awesome in every way." Journalizing - such a cool word. I had to look it up in an online dictionary to see if it is a real word and it is.
jour⋅nal⋅ize [jur-nl-ahyz] -ized, -iz⋅ing.
–verb (used with object)
1. to tell or relate as one would in keeping a journal.
2. to enter or record in a journal.
3. (in double-entry bookkeeping) to enter in a journal, preparatory to posting to the ledger.
–verb (used without object)
4. to keep or make entries in a journal.
My second new word was heard on the news this morning. They said the ferocious storm last night included thundersnow. I have never heard of thundersnow before and I've lived where it's cold and snowy several times. I went to Wikipedia for this explantion:
Thundersnow, also known as a winter thunderstorm or a thunder snowstorm, is a rare thunderstorm with snow falling as the primary precipitation instead of rain. It commonly falls in regions of strong upward motion within the cold sector of extratropical cyclones between autumn and spring when surface temperatures are most likely to be near or below freezing. Variations exist, such as thundersleet, where the precipitation consists of ice pellets rather than snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment