Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Not So Happy About the Weather

Dear Winter,

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't like you. You make me cold and sad. Please go somewhere else. Visit someone who will welcome you and embrace your cold side...maybe Santa Claus and his elves. Please let Spring come and visit me instead. I'd also welcome summer with it's beautiful sunny days, occasional showers and high humidity.

Sincerely,

About to Freeze in Abingdon

From the weather channel - Snow Day anyone? It's a good thing I went grocery shopping today.

  • Issued by The National Weather Service
    Baltimore/Washington, MD
    12:03 pm EST, Tue., Feb. 2, 2010

    ... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY...

    THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 7 AM EST WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

    * PRECIPITATION TYPE... SNOW.

    * ACCUMULATIONS... 3 TO 6 INCHES.

    * TIMING... BEGINNING BETWEEN 5 PM AND 7 PM... ENDING BETWEEN 5 AM AND 7 AM EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING.

    * TEMPERATURES... MID TO UPPER 30S THIS AFTERNOON... DROPPING BELOW FREEZING DURING THE MID EVENING.

    * WINDS... EAST 5 MPH OR LESS.

    PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

    A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

1 comment:

  1. This is a letter I am ready to write myself!! We have seen so much snow, which Prague is not accustom to and more than they've seen in 20 years! I'm so sick of snow!! I would also welcome Spring RIGHT NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete