Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Swim Lessons and the Orthodontist

We started the morning with swim lessons. I thought I could talk Jaelyn into trying them and they offered her a free class, but she refused. Instead, she sat beside me dangling her feet in the pool while we watched Allie and Caden have an absolute ball with their lessons. While Caden got to practice blowing bubbles and dunking his head, Allie got to learn actual strokes. She was learing how to do the breast stroke and back stroke. Now, she's going to need a lot of practice, but she wasn't just flailing around in the water like she was last year. We'll do 3 weeks of lessons, 3 days a week, take a break over the middle session and then I might sign them up for the last session of the summer. Maybe between now and then I can get Jaelyn comfortable in the water. She has a huge fear of getting her face wet and going under. They really scared her two years ago when they made her jump into the deep end of the pool at the Athletic Club.

We picked up lunch on the way home and ate quickly until Kelley and kids came to watch Allie and Caden while I took Jaelyn to the orthodontist. I loved Dr. G! When we signed in there was no one at the reception desk. Dr. G walked by it and noticed us. He signed us in and took the paperwork, making sure I'd filled everything out. I don't know about most doctors, but I'd say from my experience it is not the norm to have a doctor help out behind the front desk. He was friendly and patient with Jaelyn and he suggested we do exactly what Dr. Karen has been telling me she'd do. We have another consult scheduled for next month, but I'm going to cancel it. He pretty much sold me on his practice the second he stepped up to help behind the reception desk. We did records which involved pictures, an xray and molds. We'll go back next week for the consult and then Jaelyn is going to be a very unhappy girl as they put in a RPE (rapid palatal expander) and braces on her top teeth. We need to expand her arch to correct her cross bite and move her front teeth together to get room for her lateral incisors to come in. Fun, Fun, Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment