Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Life of my Cat...I'm jealous

We have about 6-7 weeks before Dan comes home and I'm convinced now those are going to be the hardest of all. If only I could be like Zoe and lounge around the house all day. I honestly thought the summer would zoom by, but after last week (our first real week of summer just the 4 of us), I'm not so sure. 24 hours a day 7 days a week is a lot of togetherness, even when I did get to escape for 4 hours (that's 4 hours out of about 90+ awake hours). We did have a good week and stayed very busy with doctor's appointments, the pool, and swim lessons, but the busyness added to the tiredness which when added to Jaelyn's issues equalled a whole lot of tantrums this weekend. I'm not driven to tears easily, but I was today. I'm just tired. Sweet little Caden told me I could lay in his bed after I tried to explain to him why I was crying - maybe I did need a nap.
~~~
P.S. I should probably share that at least are bedtime issues are evening out. No more tantrums or screaming once Jaelyn is in bed and Allie has been staying in bed. I'm still rocking Jaelyn while Allie settles quietly in her bed with a book. Then I rub Allie's back for a few minutes. Thankfully, Caden goes easily to sleep without needing a lot of help from me (all that time of sleep training as a baby has finally paid off). For the last few nights, I haven't had to sit in the hall with a book. They've gone to sleep pretty easily. Of course, next week, everything could change, but for tonight, it's not quite 8 and all is quiet!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you had a bad day... but how sweet is Caden! Not long till less that 50 days to go!

    ReplyDelete