My parents came on Saturday and we are having a wonderful time. We've been on the go for the last 2 days with Allie's recital yesterday and errands today. First thing this morning (after I slept in till 8 - sleeping in used to be defined as 11 or noon maybe - now 8 is LATE for me), we took the girls to get hair cuts. Allie has wanted her hair cut short for months, but I've been putting her off because she had to have her hair in a bun for her recital. She got an incredibly cute bob this morning.
Jaelyn just had her hair trimmed. She wants to grow it to her waist and then donate it to Locks of Love again (she has a good heart). After the hair cuts, we went to Sears and everyone got new shoes ~ even me. Thanks
Baba and Grandpa. Next, we stopped at the library to sign the kids up for the summer reading program.
The highlight of the day for me was a trip to the dentist. My mom seems to have instilled a love of the dentist in me. I'd go once a month if my insurance would pay for it. I love the feeling of nice, clean teeth.
In the late afternoon, we took the kids to the school to ride bikes and play on the playground. Allie has the balance, steering and stopping down. Now, she needs to work on starting by herself and going downhill. She doesn't like to go to fast (who would have thought Allie would be scared of speed?!) She's almost there.
We finished off the day with the slip n slide and wacky sprinkler in the backyard. I'm hopeful that everyone will go to sleep easily today.


Check out Allie's hair and her snazzy outfit. Her tap costume is now in the dress-up bucket and a neighbor dropped off a hand-me-down bag that had these shoes in it -
va va va voom!

(Unfortunately, the shoes caused a major issue between Allie and
Jaelyn. They are now in the Goodwill bag.)
I am so glad you have someone else around now to help you. Enjoy!
ReplyDelete