Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

More Flower Pictures

I'm having an "in need of validation" day because my cup is on empty. Yesterday took everything out of me. A friend suggested I get out and enjoy nature to recharge. Pick some flowers, she said. I didn't pick flowers, but I did take pictures. Not much is blooming in my back yard other than the vegetables. Soon, however, I'll have shasta daisies, day lilies, astors, black eyed susans, hibiscus and hydrangea. I can't wait. Anyway, I took my camera out front and snapped a few pictures inbetween pitching a baseball to Caden.

My salvia - I planted this the first spring we lived here, not realizing it was a perennial. I was so excited to see it came back after that first winter because I think it's so pretty. I had lots of little babies this year that I was able to transplant to other areas in the bed.

I have no idea what this is. It was in the $1 section at Lowe's because it's hanging basket had a small crack in it. The plant itself is fine and looks beautiful sitting in a stand beside my front door.

I love Lantana. It's sold as an expensive annual up here, but it's worth every penny I paid for it for it's pretty, sunny flowers. It makes me happy.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers.

    I think the salvia was the only thing that survived in my sister's flower bed the 1st year she lived in her house.

    You are in the home stretch and I know it is hard. But, you are being covered in many many prayers.

    julied

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! until the lantana! I almost choked on my coffee! Over here lantana is a WEED bigtime - the lovely english brought it over to remind them of home. it went wild and now you can't get rid of the stuff! check it out ! I'ts a weed "of national significance" http://www.weeds.org.au/cgi-bin/weedident.cgi?tpl=plant.tpl&ibra=all&card=S03

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat - lol! Growing up, my mom was only allowed to pick one flower in her yard...lantana aka stink weed. It's hilarious that now people pay big bucks to have it, including me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth Tribiger (elaryssa)June 4, 2009 at 2:15 AM

    Hi Kelly!

    I just wanted to say that I think the little white flowers are called Bacopa...it is one of my favs. And I love Lantana too, especially the multi-colored ones! We pay big bucks up in Canada too to have them...unfortunatley mine end up "dying" before the season is out.

    ReplyDelete