The day started out at 7. That might not be a big deal in your world, but in my world, where I sometimes am awakened by 3 kids at 5:45 (always on a Saturday), it's a big deal. I was in such a good mood that I fixed the kids cinnamon rolls, minus the icing. I might be happy, but I'm not crazy. The couple came and picked up the kids kitchen first thing - I've been trying to sell it on Craigslist for months and finally found someone to buy it. We are using the money to buy scooters. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not that's a good idea with Evil Knievel Jaelyn and Fearless Allie. At least Caden's scooter comes with 3 wheels like a trike.
We got to webcam with Dan twice today. His connection has improved drastically since April. Being able to see and hear him and just stare at him if I want does me lots and lots of good. We've been playing games together on msn. Apparently, I'm much faster at puzzles, but he kicks my butt in trivia. For someone, who's main love language is quality time, separations are hard. The time we've spent IMing lately has been wonderful.
This afternoon, we went to a birthday party for one of Caden's friends. His mom was sweet and invited all of the kids, not just Caden. It's was a warmer, sunny day and they had their big, inflatable water slide set up. It was sooo much fun. It almost made me wish I had a bathing suit, but not quite. They have a big yard with a play set, sand box, play house and lots of toys. I told the kids, 2 houses from now, we will have a big yard :p! Most of the kids from Caden's preschool class were there plus one older brother who's in Allie's reading class so it made the day fun for everyone. We got home from the party just in time for baths and bed. After rocking and rubbing backs, all is quiet. I didn't even have to do my 10 minute recheck. I'm going to have a nice quiet evening all to myself! Peace and silence....I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment