Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Comfort Foods - One of My Favorites

I love Cracker Barrel's hash brown casserole. About a year ago, I went searching for a copy cat recipe. I have this baking in the oven now. I'll freeze it in individual servings and have a warm bowl of comfort whenever I want it. Try it and enjoy!

Hash Brown Casserole

10.25 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
8 oz colby cheese - grated (I use sharp cheddar)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 small onion, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 lb bag frozen shredded hash browns

Spray a 13x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a bowl, combine soup, cheese, butter, onion, salt and pepper. Gently fold the potatoes into the mixture and pour into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, until heated through and top is browned.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, this is awesome! And, I love your idea of freezing individual servings. No one else in my family likes it, so that would be perfect for me. :) Thanks Kelly!

    ReplyDelete