Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Piper Reed - The Great Gypsy

I haven't read to the kids at night in a while. We checked out some new books from the library and we are loving one of them: Piper Reed by Kimberly Willis Holt. Piper Reed's dad is a Navy chief and they are currently stationed at NAS Pensacola. Her dad just left on a cruise and they are crossing off the days he's gone on a calendar. It's been fun to read because so many of the places in the book are real. For example, Piper's Mom rented the space ship beach house at the beach for Christmas. The book was very accurate, even describing the Alien looking at the window. Fun...we drove past it when we were in Pensacola and pointed it out to the kids.

Not sure what the point of my post is...just felt like sharing :p.

3 comments:

  1. Kelly, I love your post no matter what they are about. I can hear you reading and think about all of you , Thank you for sharing. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I take it you new what the book was about before checking it out ... ? Or was it a random choice?

    Still praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traci, I knew the book was about a girl who's military dad was gone from reading the cover (it was random...just caught my eye), but I didn't know it was set in our hometown. That was a surprise.

    ReplyDelete