Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

You Asked For It

You asked that I start blogging again so here goes. My life is not easy these days. It's 9:30 and I've already had 3 tantrums to deal with. The first one started at 6:30 with Jaelyn whining at me "my leg hurts." Where does it hurt? Why does it hurt? Did you do something to it yesterday? "It just hurts (insert whiney voice)!" Do you want tylenol, motrin, ice, heat? "NO, NO, NO, NO..." "My leg hurts." and on and on it went for about 30 minutes without me being able to do anything about it except listen. It must have magically stopped hurting because after said 30 minutes, I never heard another word about it.

Next came breakfast. She wants cereal. Fine, she gets cereal and apple juice. And then the whine begins again. "I'm hungry." What else would you like? We look in the pantry, the frig and freezer. I name about 30 things I'm willing to make for her. "There's nothing to eat." I went grocery shopping on Thursday, people. "I'm hungry (insert screaming whine here and a few stomps.)" At this point, I take a time out to my bathroom so I don't choke her and thankfully, she's figured out not to follow me anymore (well at least she knows to stop at the bedroom door, not beat on the bathroom door like she had been doing). I do my best to explain to Jaelyn what compromise means and how we need to find a solution that makes us both happy (for instance, driving to chick-fil-a will not make me happy - plus it's Sunday - and not eating won't make her happy). In the end, she chooses a waffle and goes about her morning as if nothing happened (again).

Allie and Caden have been so good up till this point, but they have their moments too. Jaelyn and Caden decided to play charades about 9 and excluded Allie (it's her game, btw). She's unhappy, but I make them share and include her. At some point Jaelyn does something that makes Allie mad and she calls Jaelyn an idiot. Allie goes screaming to time-out and tantrum number 3 begins. It continues in Allie's room and ends back on the steps with a drop of vinegar on Allie's tongue and an apology for Jaelyn. So there you go. My morning (it's 9:45 now) in a nutshell. Can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Sound like fun (not!). Hope your day got better...

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Praying an extra dose of patience for you honey today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete