Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

4 Days Has Turned Into 5

The kids were so excited to have a 4 day weekend this past weekend (the teachers had a 2 day in-service). I was not excited. We've had good days and bad days. Saturday was good...Sunday was an Alexandar-Bad day. Monday was okay (and ended with a counseling appointment so that was good) and then Tuesday was pretty good. The weather was bad Tuesday - snow, but no ice; so we met a friend for breakfast and shopping at Ikea because we really needed to get out of the house. I love Ikea! I love Smalland! I love wandering around a store without saying "Don't touch that," "please stay with me," "if you do that again, you are going to lose every ticket in your cup!!!" Thank you for meeting us, Karon and Eric!

The weather turned considerably yuckier as the day progressed yesterday. The snow melted into sludge. Then last night it snowed/rained some more and now everything is covered in a layer of snow or ice. The road in front of our house looks like solid ice. Jaelyn and I watched our neighbor scrape off his car this morning with a frisbee. I wish him luck getting where ever he needs to go. As expected, the call came at 6:30 that schools are closed today. Our 4 day weekend has turned into a 5 day weekend. On the agenda for today: finger painting, a puzzle marathon, some reading time, granola bar making and maybe a movie mid-day so I can take a nap (yeah, like that's possible).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kellly.
    Reinforcements will be there in only 15 days! Hang on!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete