Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Doctors' Appointments

Allie had 2 appointments this morning. The first was with her orthopedist (is that a word?) for her scoliosis. Her curve was 16 degrees today, compared with 15 degrees this summer. It's not a significant change and might not be a change at all. The variance could just be in the x-ray and angles. We'll go back in 6 months for another check. 20 degrees is the magic number where they start talking about bracing. She got weighed and measured today. She is 44 pounds and is 44 1/2 inches tall. I think it's funny that for her those measurements are always almost the same.

Allie's second appointment was with our pediatrician for what I thought was a sinus infection. I was right and now I get the honor of forcing 2 teaspoons of bubble gum flavored antibiotics into Allie twice a day. Oh the joy that is going to bring us - not.

And since I'm on the subject of doctors, Zoe, our kitty, saw her doctor yesterday. When we adopted her a year ago she felt so fragile to pick up at 6+ pounds. She is now a whopping 10 pounds and just as sweet as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment