I tried a new recipe tonight and everyone agreed that it was really good. Just thought I'd share encase anyone is looking for something new to make next week.
Polynesian Pork Ribs
Ribs
2 lb boneless country-style pork loin ribs
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small onion, sliced
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple in unsweetened juice, undrained
Sauce
3/4 cup ketchup
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp grated gingerroot (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
1. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork ribs, garlic, and onion is slow cooker and spoon about half of the pineapple with some of the juice over the ribs. Reserve remaining pineapple and juice.
2. Cover; cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.
3. About 35 minutes before serving, drain and discard cooking juices from slow cooker; wipe edge of slow cooker clean. In small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, gingerroot and remaining pineapple with juice; mix well. Spoon evenly over ribs. Increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 25-30 minutes or until ribs are glazed.
Sounds great. I love anything that can go in the slow cooker. We have different names here. "Pork ribs" I get, but what makes it "country style"? And what do you serve it with?
ReplyDeleteI'm not totally sure. Mine actually said country style. They weren't like normal spare ribs, more meat. I couldn't find boneless, but I did find ones that were mostly meat w/ a little bone that I just cut off. I served them with rice, steamed brocolli and a salad. Yummy.
ReplyDeleteGuess what we had for dinner tonight! It was delicious. It will be added in as a regular for sure!
ReplyDeleteHey Kelly - I have been checking your blog for updates to Jaylen's counseling? Hoping you are ok...I know this is a stressful time with Dan.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Dayna (Dsmall from Hannah's Prayer)
Hey girl it's time to leave those pork ribs behind and give us some current good stuff>>From the kitchen of the grand chef Mr Lean Cuisine AKA G U C
ReplyDeleteI looked at the Pork Ribs as the most recent news for so long that I actually got around to making them!
ReplyDelete