Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gracie's Homecoming

What a fun day today turned out to be.  We left bright and early (tangent - the kids got up really really really early - darn daylight savings time) to drive to Nevada, Missouri.  It's a little tiny town with one McDonald's on the border between Missouri and Kansas.  Gracie and her breeder were already there waiting for us. 

We were so excited.  Gracie is the cutest, sweetest puppy.  She's tiny.  It was love at first sight for all of us.






Gracie sat between me and Jaelyn on the way home.  She went back and forth between our laps taking little cat naps.  She was a great car traveler.  I was worried since we have a 15 hour drive to get home at Christmas.

Once home, we set up her superyard.  I had many people telling me having a puppy was just like having a baby.  With babies and toddlers, the key to my sanity was containment.  We had gates, bouncy seats,  playpens, strollers, high chairs.  Our kids were never loose to get into trouble.  I'm following the same line of thinking with Gracie Mae.  She will live in her superyard and crate until she's potty trained and I can trust her not to chew. 


We introduced Zac to Gracie right away and neither was too interested in the other.  I'm sure eventually they'll be good friends.  For now, I'm happy Zac didn't get upset or be mean to her.




4 comments:

  1. Welcome home Gracie Mae>>>I know you will get lots of attention and love in your new home>>And before all know it, a bond will develop that will last forever> Its a fact dog lovers know>>Again welcome home sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a puppy area. I want a dog so badly but with Chris and I both working we weren't sure how to handle the days.

    She sure is a cute puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dog is just too darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home Gracie, you be a good girl! That is one special family, and you have some big shoes to fill.

    ReplyDelete