Not our Graciedoodle. Many of my friends told me puppies are like babies and they were right. I went to bed at 9 last night. I was up at 10:30, 12:00, 1:30ish, Dan got up at 4-something and then I got back up at 6:00. We started our day about 6:30. She sounded so sad with her crying and whimpering. I've done enough sleep training with the kids that I knew to not let her out of them crate when she was crying. (Dan on the other hand let her right out to lay on his chest last night - pushover) I sat on the floor outside the crate and rubbed her sweet little head through the bars. It only took about 10-15 minutes each time to settle her down and get her back to sleep. Holly told me she was sleeping through the night and it should only take about 3 days to get her back to that. I sure am hoping she's right because I'm too old to be doing this long term. I'm glad our fourth child turned out to be a furbaby instead of a real one!
Even though she kept me up a lot last night, I still think she's the cutest thing around!
From the ole coot having been there you can put a old shoe or tee shirt in the crate that way she thinks it is you close by>>>
ReplyDelete