Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Hat Parade

I am so glad we made hats and participated in the Hat Parade.  It was a big deal.  I bet 75% of the kids had hats.  The parade marched around and around the halls.  Some kids (and parents) were very creative.  Others slapped "safety" on a bicycle helmet and called it finished.



Jaelyn's class was walking too fast.  All my pictures of her are either blurry or her head is down or purposely looking the other way.

My favorite hat of the day was worn by one of Caden's friends.  His word was "Humongous."  I'm not quite sure how he kept it on his head!


They had an award ceremony at the end of the day.  Jaelyn and I won!  I know, I know, it was "her" hat, but I put a lot of thought and effort into it.  She won a $15 Walmart gift card for the most unusual word.  I loved hearing her teach the grown-ups her to pronounce lepidopterophobia.  It was awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment