Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Night Three

Thank you for all the advice.  I'm taking it all to heart (well, except for the advice that her royal highness didn't give.  I ain't doing that and I don't use ain't lightly :p)

Gracie is getting much more comfortable with her crate.  She goes in quickly, sniffing for her treat, and settles quicker after crying.  We draped material over her crate last.  Dan downloaded a heartbeat/white noise app and I put a box fan in the hallway.  All those things combined made for a much better night.  Gracie passes out around six at night and Dan and I do everything we can to keep her awake until we go to bed.  We only managed nine last night.  I actually laid her next to Zac.  She raised her head to look at him, yawned and went right back to sleep with a sigh.  Zac was not thrilled.  I heard crying around 1ish.  Dan said it was closer to 2, but I didn't focus too closely on the clock.  I had planned to just calm her down, but in my drug induced stupor (have I mentioned my sinus infection?), I had her outside going potty before I remembered.  She went right back to sleep and slept till five, then six and I finally got her up at 6:30.

I feel like we are close to getting night times worked out.  Now for the potty training.  Can I just say praise the Lord for wood floors?

2 comments:

  1. Yes hardwood floors make it so easy to clean up accidents! And glad last night was a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good idea that we found when we got Chloe as a puppy was a hot water bottle. The warmth of the bottle helped her feel like another warm body was near her. Worked like a charm!

    Good luck and hang in there. Before you know it she will be a big girl and the baby puppy days will be over.

    ReplyDelete