Gracie has been doing better. I feel like we are getting her on a schedule. She's sleeping for longer periods at night. Yesterday was crazy though.
Dan took Gracie geo-caching. I got Frontline to put her on at her vet appointment on Wednesday. I'm freaked out about ticks so we put that on her before he left. Dan said she was restless while he was gone and then she was crazy all afternoon and evening. She chirped (she sounds exactly like a bird when she cries) continuously even when she was in our laps. She wouldn't nap and she seemed wired...like one of the kids when they'd had too much sugar. I googled Frontline reactions and saw that it can cause depression, anxiety and aggression. It takes 24 hours to absorb in so at 7:30 last night, Gracie got a bath to wash her neck. It took a while for her to settle down, but once she did, she slept seven hours straight. That's her longest run so far, but she had to have been exhausted because she only had one nap yesterday morning. She's back to her calm normal self this morning. I called the vet and they said that's not a normal reaction, but I'm going to think twice about putting it on her again.
we used a cheaper brand called Sentry but the reaction was the same if not more severe for our furry babies. Our dog started having mild mini seizures and manically paced the house for 5 days straight. It was horrible - the vet said that these drugs are directly driven into their nervous systems...we will never use them again..they do have a natural option at Petsmart. Glad she didnt take long to recover. :)
ReplyDeleteWe have never had trouble, but my sister's dogs had a horrible reaction as well. She switched to top spot. There is one that is a pill form that we tried for a while as well. I can't remember the name, but Honey didn't react well to it either. She was pulling her hair out of her skin. Sorry poor gracie had such a bad reaction. That is a scary thing for sure.
ReplyDelete