Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Deconstruction

I know I've mentioned before what an amazing woodworker my Dad is.  He's built us many things.  He built this dresser originally for my Mom about 5 or 6 years ago.  She decided it was too big in the room so she gave it to us for the girls.  It's always been a little scary to me because it's tall and deep and really, really heavy.  The "what ifs" of this dresser falling on someone are too much.  I secure most of our furniture to the wall, and this big boy is #1 on my list as soon as we move in.


I'm not quite sure why we started talking about cutting the two top drawers off, but we did.  My Dad brought a box full of tools to tackle the project over Thanksgiving. 

Now the top is connected...


Now it's not.


The project isn't quite finished.  The job requires a router, which is at home in Pensacola.  We'll bring the new top back after Christmas and attached up.  I  love the new height.  It's going to be perfect for Jaelyn and it won't be so scary for me. 

Jaelyn isn't too keen on the faux top made out of moving boxes :p.


1 comment:

  1. Have I ever told you I want to adopt your parents ;) They are such awesome peeps.

    ReplyDelete