Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Productive Day

Last night, I told each child a secret.  Want to hear it?  "If you sneak downstairs in the morning without making a sounds and let Mommy sleep, there will be something fun for you in the living room."  Jaelyn and I had an extra talk in which I confirmed that she is proficient at making waffles in the our new toaster oven for her brother and sister.  The kids went to bed guessing what they would find.  Hee Hee. I bought MegaMind in a two pack with a bonus movie.  I figured if the kids got up at 6:30, that would keep them occupied till 8:30.

I did hear them creeping about this morning and at one point I had to yell for them to stop yelling (ironic, I know).  That got them quiet AND I got to stay in bed until 9!  And yes, I was patting myself on the back as I slipped out of bed.

Once I was up and moving around, the real work began.  Toys have gotten out of hand.  They were everywhere.  Jaelyn helped me collect every toy in the house and we dumped them in a big pile in the playroom.  I think we scared Allie a little because she was madly organizing PollyWorld.  She didn't want my trash or goodwill bag being filled with her treasures.  We sorted every toy.  My give away pile isn't huge and actually, the trash bag wasn't very full either, but the toys are organized which was my goal.  Everyone pitched in and let go of stuff so for a reward, we went to lunch at Ruby Tuesdays followed by an hour at the Giraffe park.

4 comments:

  1. Kelly, you are too smart! I always ask myself... How would Kelly handle this? What would Kelly do? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You,my friend, are super-mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O k now its Thursday still having a productive day???
    GUC

    ReplyDelete