Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday's Musings - My Life as a Hex Bug

Recently, a friend asked if any of us felt like a hamster on it's little wheel running and running, but never getting anywhere.  I don't feel like a hamster, but I do feel like Caden's Hex Bug.  It's a teeny tiny little toy that flits around on the floor.  It goes in big circles until it runs into something and gets knocked back.  Most of the time, it goes off in a new directions.  Some times, it keeps beating it's head against the wall.  Every now and then life  (aka Zac the cat) comes by and gives it a big whack.  It'll send the bug flying across the floor.  When it lands on it's back, it kicks its little legs until it flips itself over and then goes right back to it's big circles.  Occasionally life puts it's big paws on the bug and holds it down while maybe taking a little nibble.  It never fails that eventually, someone will come along and rescue the bug.  We turn it off and let it rest.  I'm so thankful for a Heavenly Father who'll do that for me.  When I'm tired of going in circles and getting knocked around by life, God is there to carry my burdens and shelter me from the storm.  Right now, I'm having to remember daily to hand everything over to God.  As much as I want to be in control and work it out for myself, I don't have to.  He's got my back and little hex bug, I've got your back.  I'll protect you from a playful cat and silly kids!

And encase you are wondering, yes, I have spent considerable time watching and contemplating the bug!

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl....

    feelin' it!

    Except, I have hit the wall so many time, I can't even walk straight anymore. HA!

    ReplyDelete