Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Dan the Plumber Man

I could only get one plumber to call me back and he was over booked.  Seriously?  I thought people were starving for work.  Apparently not in Abingdon. 

Dan told a guy he works with about our busted pipe.  Mike convinced him he could fix it himself.  I was a little leery of him attempting it with his zero plumbing experience; so I told him he could fix it if Mike would come help.  Yesterday, Mike and Dan came at lunch time and had the broken pipe replaced in under an hour.  That's including a shopping trip to Lowes.  Dan spent $10 on the parts and saved us at least $150.

We still have to tackle the deck (quoted at $385 - ain't gonna happen), paint the bathroom, touch up all the walls, replace a light switch, clean the carpets, and move a ton of more stuff to storage.  After that, I think we'll be ready for the for sale sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment