Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Running Crazy

In the last two days, I have more than made up for not doing anything last week.  Yesterday, it felt like I ran errands all day, but I got a lot accomplished.  I went to Lowe's twice, Home Depot once, Giant once, Walgreens twice, the post office twice, Rite Aid once, Kohl's twice...get the picture?  It wasn't that I forgot things or was spinning my wheels either.  I went to Lowe's to look for two things.  They didn't have exactly what I needed so I went to Home Depot.  I bought one thing at Home Depot and decided the second thing was better at Lowe's so I had to go back to Lowe's.  All my repeat shopping was things like that.

After dinner, I realized I hadn't bought the girls new bathing suits yet.  Dan stayed with Caden, while I took Jaelyn and Allie shopping.  All the women out there know how hard it is to find a bathing suit that's flattering and fits right.  Well, try bathing suit shopping with a seven and eight year old.  They tried on 20 (I counted) bathing suits and in the end, I bought Allie two and Jaelyn one.  I am really disappointed in girls' clothing.  Do little girls really need plunging V neck-lines or bottoms that are cut up high or bikinis with their bellies showing.  I don't think so!

I am extremely proud of one thing I did yesterday.  The dimmer switch to a light switch in the basement has been broken for a year.  I've asked for help changing it, but no one seemed interested in doing it so I bought the light switch and changed it myself...without getting electrocuted!  Go Kelly!

Today, I grocery shopped in the morning and I've spent the afternoon cleaning and sorting.  I've gotten most of the pictures off the wall and furniture.  It opens our house up so much to clear the nick knacks!  I hate clutter even if it is the smiling faces of our family and friends.  I finished patching and touching up the wall hiding the offending leaky pipe.  I have a realtor coming tomorrow to talk to me.  Please start praying for quick and well financed buyers!!

1 comment:

  1. 1- sorry for not checking in lately. I haven't been on blogs at all due to my hands

    2- YOU GO GIRL! You never cease to amaze me.

    3- HAPPY belated b-day. I am a terrible friend. Does it help to tell you that I almost forgot to plan my daughter's b-day party as well?

    ReplyDelete