Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Official ~ This Circus is Leaving Town

Dan called this morning to tell me he'd received his RFO for Ft. Leonard Wood.  For you non-military people, that's "request for orders."  I'm actually relieved.  I've hit the acceptance stage and it is time to get on with it.  It was 99% certain we were going there, but without the orders, we couldn't plan when to put our house on the market or get our name on the housing list in Missouri.  Someone finally put the job in the system.  The next step is for Dan to submit some paperwork here and hopefully we'll have orders in hand by the end of the week.  We aren't sure of our report date yet.  It'll be sometime between July 1 and August 31.  It'll all depend on when we sell our house and when a house on base in Missouri is available.  After lots of crying and googling and phone calls, we've determined we have to live on base so the kids can go to the good schools.  There's bigger, renovated housing that we would really like to live as opposed to the 1950s unrenovated teeny tiny houses so we've got to get our name on the housing list.

This is going to be a hard move.  I'm doing my best to talk it up, but my heart isn't in it yet.  We are settled for the first time...ever really and we have roots.  Prayers all around would be appreciated!

8 comments:

  1. ((((Kelly))))

    I cried for days when I found out we were being sent to Wyoming.

    I'll be praying for you. I know how hard it is to make something sound like an adventure when you really want to run the other way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give you so many heartfelt hugs. I truly after living where I did all my years of childhood and part of my early adulthood could never go back to living in a "small" run down community knowing all I have living near the "big" city.

    How many appriciated prayers are always sent out to those who fight for our country day in and day out. Forgetting that sometimes the hardest battles are fought at home. With a significant other battling the grounds of other countries, those left behind tend to battle different enemies. Moving many times through your life, places that you don't always feel you fit in, homes that don't really belong to you, new schools, friends, people. Sometimes the feeling of isolation, loneliness, and bordom. I can never imagine what it must be like. But I know, from reading your blog, and the strength and courage you have had over the years your husband was gone, and the struggles you continue to go through, you will be an amazing person who will truly make the most out of this situation. Finding ways to make the two years there the best you could ever imagine. Though it will never be like where you live now, God only knows the adventure you are about to take. And I am sure he would have only given it to you knowing that you were the best person for the job. Many hugs for this new adventure. And remember, you always have us blog friends to keep you from going stir crazy!

    Hugs,
    Kiley

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's close to Springfield (Where I went to college). One of the old LIW members is there. I'll have to think about who it is....

    Julie D.
    (mom2ways@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kelly,

    My heart aches for you. I know a little bit of the "go where you don't want to go" from being in the ministry...but I have never had to move so far away from everything I love. Praying for you, Dan, and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl...we got our RFO a few weeks ago. I just wish it were to the same place...Wanna come freeze with me?

    You have my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just can't imagine it. Sigh,. Prayers coming your way...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it is hard to move! Prayers for you guys as you wrap things up and start a new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry, Kelly... Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete