Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Signs of Spring and Other Things

We are beyond ready for spring.  I love living in Maryland, but the cold kills me every winter.  I'm so thankful it's finally warming up.  I'm sure it's just temporary as my Grandma Molly was always right when she said "there's always one last cold snap before Easter."  Today was the perfect spring day.  I had the windows open enjoying the 70 degree breeze.  I took Allie and Caden to the library after school and then we walked to the school to get Jaelyn from her after school program.  We were on the lookout for signs of spring and we found some.


 You have to look closely because they are piled on top of each other, but there are 11 turtles sunning themselves on the logs.

Jaelyn was thrilled to hear that I spent a couple of hours today sorting clothes.  I am forever thankful for generous friends who have gifted us with hand me down clothing.  I think Caden can wear a different shirt everyday this summer - seriously!  I have 2 big bags of winter clothes to pass on and the kids have short sleeve shirts and short sleeve pants ready to go.  BTW short sleeve pants is Cadenese for shorts encase you couldn't figure it out.  Other than new flip flops and bathing suits for the girls, I don't think I'll have to buy any summer clothing.


In addition to sorting clothes, I decided it was time to start feeling better (whether I actually do or not - I've been sick on the couch, thus the lonely blog) and get to work on our house.  I finished caulking the basement bathroom and did a little caulking in the other bathrooms.  I've gotten pretty handy with a caulk gun if I do say so myself.  I carried 5000 lbs of stone pavers from our backyard, up to the deck, through the house and to the front sidewalk for a freecycler to come pick up.  OK, maybe it wasn't 5000 lbs, but it was 15 of those huge 16" pavers and another 6 half pavers.  It's one of those projects I've been putting off for a couple of years (3 maybe).  I also sorted through 2 big tubs of pictures, called around to get prices on a storage unit AND cleaned out my memorabilia boxes.  I'm not a pack rat - let me say that again, I'm not a pack rat, BUT I do have a box where I keep sentimental things.  I sorted 2 boxes down to 1 and in the process found a coupon for a massage I bet Dan gave me in the first couple of years we were married.  I handed it in tonight because my back is killing me from those 5000 lbs. :p

Next on my to do list is to paint the bathroom and the front door.  I bought the paint today.  Dan's been busy with paperwork.  He's gotten all the forms he needs to get our name on the FLW housing list.  We will be #2 on the list so that's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment