Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

On a Whim


I've been known to trim hair a time or two. I remember a day when post pregnancy hormones were surging through my body and I had my mom hack at my hair. She was crazy for agreeing to it, but you don't say no to a sleep deprived mama who's wielding scissors. I held up sections of hair and said "cut."  It's funny now to think about it.  I was insane. There's only been one time that I've attacked my own hair with scissors. It was to correct a horrible hair cut and in the end, I had to pay a second person a lot of money to fix the 2 butchered cuts. Anyway, I say all that to say when someone says "will you cut my hair," my normal answer is "sure, why not?"  I don't know why I'm so lackadaisical about hair when I'm such a perfectionist about other things.

Tonight, Jaelyn asked me to cut bangs.  We worked so hard to grow her bangs out two years ago.  I offered to take her to have a professional cut it tomorrow, but she didn't want to wait (because here's a secret, Jaelyn thinks Mommy does EVERYTHING better than anyone else.  She's wrong of course, but it warms my heart that she thinks that).  I sectioned off her hair and she is now sporting side swept bangs.  She wanted them a little bit longer, but you don't get to be picky when you ask Mommy for help.  She actually said "they'll grow out to the length I want them." 




6 comments:

  1. You did a great job! It really suits her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Momma! I am so cheap, I do all the hair cuts around here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and just like that she looks so grown up! Good job!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good....I am just glad she came to you.

    Dw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow will you start cutting and styling my dew????

    G U C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE THEM! she's such a pretty pretty girlie!

    ReplyDelete