Jaelyn helped me and we cleaned our house from top to bottom.
Before...the sink was overflowing so that dirty pots, pans and dishes covered every surface of the kitchen. Gross!
It took 2 loads in the dishwasher and washing many by hand, but we got the kitchen pretty and clean!!!
The end of the kitchen counter is the dumping ground for anything and everything. It drives me crazy as it spreads and seeps onto my working space.
Pretty clean counter...it makes me want to roll out cookies or knead dough or something.
There were piles of stuff in every corner of the living room. We had bags, coats, boots, toys, books, JUNK! Even my coat was in the middle of the floor. You had to step over it to get to the door. Craziness!
All picked up
That's just the tip of the laundry iceberg. In all, I think we folded 8 loads of laundry.
So, that's just a little bit of my house. The rest looked pretty much the same. You could barely walk down the steps because of the toy obstacles. The craft table was over flowing with art supplies. Rooms were a wreck. A toy bomb exploded in the basement.
It literally took about 6 hours of Jaelyn and I working together (she's such a good helper when she wants to be). We cleaned the bathrooms, picked up, dusted, vacuumed and mopped, changed the sheets on beds, folded and put away laundry and sorted and put away toys.
It was not a "purging day," but Jaelyn is learning the joy of purging from me. When she was done cleaning her stuff, she had a bag to donate. I took 2 big boxes of books to a retirement home and a load of stuff to Goodwill yesterday. I love the light feeling I get when I get rid of stuff.
So there you have it. I double dog dare you to post pictures of your house (just as it is) on your blog. Leave me a comment and let me know if you are up for the challenge!
rabbits...multiplying like rabbits
ReplyDelete