Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Report Cards

Report cards came home on Friday and overall, I am very proud of how hard my kids are working.

This was Jaelyn's first report card with real grades.  Prior to 3rd grade, the teachers give checks for either consistently evident, developing, not evident or not introduced.  Jaelyn got Bs in writing, spelling and math and Cs in reading and science.  Jaelyn was not happy with her grades, but I was happy with them.  I keep telling her all she has to do is try her best.  I know school is hard for her.  We meet back with the evaluation team on March 1st to discuss Jaelyn's progress.  I have a letter from her pediatrician to back up my request for testing.

Allie is trucking along just like last year.  Her checks were split about 50/50 between consistently evident and developing.  Allie's reading teacher said "Allie is a role model student.  She is an active participant and enjoys our literature discussions."  Her homeroom teacher wrote "She is such an enthusiastic student and willingly gets involved in all of our activities."  She even got an award at the Goods News Assembly for "good work habits."  When I think back to her first week of kindergarten and remember the day Miss B called to tell me Allie had ripped up her paper, thrown it over her shoulder and loudly stated "I'm not doing this," well, she's come a long way!

Caden's report card was good as well...except 1 area.  He had almost all consistently evident except anything that has to do with handwriting.  The boy has never been interested in learning to write and it's consistently evident now.  He's trying and can make most of his letter correctly.  He'll fill a page up with writing, but good luck trying to read and make sense of it.  Caden's teacher wrote "It is a delight to have Caden in my class.  He is a sweet boy who is very cooperative."  That's my boy, sweet and cooperative : ).

1 comment:

  1. of all the kindergarten and first grade boys i know, NONE of them do well on handwriting! if that's the worst thing, eh, we'll live. they can always type. gosh, by the time they have jobs maybe they just THINK something and it appears in print? HA!

    give those littles big HP AUNTIE proud of you squeezes, k?

    ReplyDelete