Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Big First...Sleep Over!

Jaelyn was invited to a birthday party last night and then was asked to stay and spend the night.  She really wanted to go and I've gotten to know the Mom and trust her.  Anyway, Jaelyn was so excited.  I dropped her off last night knowing she'd be fine, but I went to bed missing her.  I wondered if she was having trouble going to sleep or if she missed me. I know it's normal growing pains of letting your kids grow up, but I did not like her being away from me.

Jaelyn did great and came home smiling (whether or not the rumbling volcano appears later from lack of sleep and lots of sweets is another story).  My big girl is growing up and that makes me a tad bit sad this morning.  On a happy note, she did report to missing me this morning and she said my waffles are better than Suzanne's.  Silly girl, it's not like I make them from scratch or anything.  They come out of a box mix!

1 comment:

  1. great pic! you're my hero! uh, how come you don't follow MY bloggie? only queenie has that!

    ReplyDelete