Dan and I don't often exchange gifts. Over the years we've learned to just buy ourselves what we want when we want it (well, truth be told, Dan is much better at this than I am). I wasn't expecting anything for Valentine's Day and I didn't get him anything. Dan surprised me though. He knows me so well. He's learned it's the little things that mean the most to me.
When he is TDY, I need cokes and chocolate. They are my stress relief. I know, I know, bad choice of stress relief, but when it's 3 against 1, it's all about survival for me. I have forgotten to stock my chocolate stash before his last few TDYs so he did it for me this time. He's been in Ft. Dix this week and will leave again on Monday for Korea for three weeks. I haven't actually "needed" to get into my newly filled stash, but isn't it awesome!
GOOD JOB DAN!!
ReplyDeleteLove it! One of my students gave me a can of coke and a few chocolates in a cellophane bag and I thought it was the best Valentine's Day gift EVER! Sad you're "single-parenting it", but glad you have a stash this time.
ReplyDeleteCoke is my hubby's stess go-to item. Chocolate is mine. That and popcorn.
ReplyDelete