I don't know why I keep doing this, but once again, I let Dan go out of town without stocking a chocolate stash. On the days the kids drive me bonkers, I need chocolate.
Today, I went in hunt of a brownie recipe that had chocolate squares and that didn't have baking powder.
One Bowl Brownies were a hit!
Ingredients
4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl at HIGH for 2 minutes or until butter or margarine is melted.
3. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts.
4. Spread in greased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake for 35 minutes (do not over bake).
I was slightly naughty when Allie and I made the brownies. The kids don't like pecans....SO...I chopped up about 1/2 a cup and put them on half the brownies. I staked my claim! I guess you could compare that to my brother licking the tops of cupcakes so no own else would eat them when we were growing up, but I was much more sanitary.
The pan of brownies might be gone by tomorrow night if the kids have another day out of school. I think today was day 7 and we are supposed to be getting an ice storm tonight. Bleh! I'm thankful for the day I had to myself on Monday because I don't think I'll have another one until Thursday.
Great idea with the nuts! I have been known to ask for Chilli in food just so I don't have to share!
ReplyDelete