We had a good weekend, with beautiful weather! Friday afternoon we were so excited to see old friends. We met Chris, Angie and Lexie when we moved here 3 years ago. Dan and Chris worked together in the op center and Angie and I became good friends. They were my go-to-people while Dan was deployed and I was sad when they moved last June. Fortunately, Angie is from Maryland, so they've been back to visit. They stopped by our house on Friday and we had fun catching up. The kids enjoyed playing with Lexie (who's a year older than Jaelyn) and I enjoyed getting to see baby Laney. She was a newborn when they moved so we never got to spend much time with her. Thanks for stopping by, Angie. If you feel led, Chris is in Iraq now. I know they'd love prayers.
I've already blogged about the kids letting me sleep in on Saturday morning. As a reward, we took a picnic to Annie's playground. I don't typically go to Annie's because it's huge and always packed. I can't keep track of the kids and with all the entrances and exits, it's scary. Someone could grab a child so quickly in that park. The kids picked it, so I gave it a try. We lasted 10 minutes on the playground, but I'd had enough because they wouldn't stay together. Allie kept leaving Jaelyn and Caden. I took them to the smaller, but still big enough, giraffe park with 1 exit where Caden was so excited to run into his friend Nathan. We played for an hour or so while I enjoyed the sunshine. Ben and Krissy invited to their house for dinner so we went home to make ice-cream sandwiches from home-made chocolate chip cookies and then headed to their house. They have a huge yard. It was great for the kids to get to run and play. They raced around the perimeter of the house over and over. Jaelyn totally smoked Tyler, Nathan's 1st grade brother. She's fast. Dinner was wonderful as always (Ben is a grill master). I even made everyone try a bite of asparagus. I got thumbs down all around, but even Caden agreed it was worth it to get dessert!
Hey Kelly, We enjoyed seeing you and the kids, too. Glad we could visit and catch up. Really hope we can be at the same place, same time again soon (ILE maybe?). Just read your blog for 1st time in about a month -So much fun to read :) Made 1/2 way point to Chris' homecoming. If only time would pick up the pace! Love, Angie
ReplyDelete