Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Good Night

Bedtimes have been horrendous again.  Last week, I heard a noise one night and asked Dan what it was.  "Spitting."  What?  Apparently it's been going on for a while.  I just haven't heard it.  Jaelyn, in the top bunk, has been spitting on Allie in the bottom bunk.  Then, Allie spits up at Jaelyn (guess they haven't taught about gravity in the 1st grade yet).  I am totally grossed out by my daughters spitting at each other.  I've used a drop of vinegar on the kids tongues off and on for a long time.  We've called it fibby juice and sassy sauce.  Lately, I've just been calling it vinegar.  It's not working, though.  They don't like it, but they don't not like it enough to stop the behavior (did that make sense?  It's late and thinking about it is hurting my head). 

Anyway, I switched to Tabasco Sauce.  Before anyone starts screaming at me.  Dan and I both tried it.  I put a drop on their tongues followed immediately by a small cup of water (unless they spit it out, then they get another drop with "no water for you").  The first night, one drop was all it took and my spitters turned into sweet girls and went to sleep.  The second night, it took 4 drops for Allie and 3 for Jaelyn.  I was ready to scream.

Tonight, instead of listening to music, the girls put in a book on CD (Frog and Toad).  They did stay awake longer because they were listening, but they were quiet and not interacting.  Jaelyn whined for a few mintues because I wouldn't put in CD 2 when CD 1 ended, but Allie was settled and went right off to sleep.  I'm sure it's one of those things that'll only work for a night or two, but I'll take it.  Dan's been in Korea almost a week and I'm tired by bedtime.

Speaking of bedtimes, it's past mine!

PS  Sorry if there are typos.  I'm trying out bloggers new editor and there's no spellcheck.  That's crazy.

1 comment:

  1. It took 4 drops for Allie? That's crazy! She is one little "determined" girl! Hope you get a good few nights out of the story CDs.

    ReplyDelete