Since my last dreary and sick post, everyday has been pretty much the same. Rain, rain, rain and me on the couch doing the bare minimum to take care of the kids. Of course, time change did nothing to help. All my friends talked about how their kids slept till 8 new time on Sunday. Not mine...they were up at 6 new time, 5 old time. Jaelyn thankfully is a pro at taking care of her brother and sister (when she wants to) and made them waffles and juice for breakfast so I could stay in bed.
I woke up feeling so much better this morning (even though I was up part of the night with Caden who's started with drainage now). I felt even better after I opened my curtains and saw blue skies. It's been a wonderful day ever since. Caden and I went grocery shopping this morning and then he's helped me clean the house this afternoon...at his request. My kids are as addicted to Clean House as I am. Saturday and Sunday mornings, while I slept in, they didn't watch cartoons, they watched recorded episodes of Clean House. I think that's just hilarious. They also love cooking shows. They watched an episode of Iron Chef and Challenge (extreme cake decorating) without me too. It feels good to get the house cleaned up and Caden is excited it's clean for his friend Nathan to come play tomorrow after school.
In other news, my parents have firmed up their plans for their visit in May. I'm excited. We are going to Hershey over Mother's Day weekend to camp and visit the park. It should be a ton of fun. We video conference with my parents several times a week to play games. The kids are going to love having them here to play games in person! Can't wait!
Also, we have this week to go and Dan will be home from Korea...late Sunday night, I think. I've dealt with some pretty bad tantrums from Jaelyn and Allie's been getting in trouble in school. I'm be glad to have him home. We miss him. We just need him here, not traveling, playing war games in Korea.
Glad you are feeling better,, though I think it is my turn now (hence why fewer posts). So you get them to watch cleaning shows, huh? Maybe that's where I have been going wrong!
ReplyDelete