Do you ever pine away for the days when toys were huge? While I like my bigger kids who are more independent, I miss their baby and toddler toys. The colors where all so bright and cheerful. Even though they were big, we had fewer so they were easier to store. Cleaning up was a snap. I didn't have to worry about missing pieces because everything was attached.
Today, It's an entirely different story. Our toys are tiny, but we have a lot of them. Polly Pocket shoes have been the bane of my existance for a while now. I've hit the point where I don't pick them up. If they get vacuumed up, they get vacuumed up. Allie has a fishing tackle box to store them in. Caden's gone from his great big 8 inch tall Planet Hero men to 2 inch tall Star Wars men. Don't get me wrong, I love the Star Wars men and they'll definitely be a toy I keep for my grandkids, but I hate stepping on them in the dark.
Today, It's an entirely different story. Our toys are tiny, but we have a lot of them. Polly Pocket shoes have been the bane of my existance for a while now. I've hit the point where I don't pick them up. If they get vacuumed up, they get vacuumed up. Allie has a fishing tackle box to store them in. Caden's gone from his great big 8 inch tall Planet Hero men to 2 inch tall Star Wars men. Don't get me wrong, I love the Star Wars men and they'll definitely be a toy I keep for my grandkids, but I hate stepping on them in the dark.
Now Jaelyn has joined the land of teeny tiny things. We donated our mega blocks at Christmas because we weren't playing with them. Of course, Baba hooked us up and we came home from Christmas with two new sizes of legos. The legos have become quite the hit again. I hear them being dug around in quite a bit. So far, we are storing them in a draw string back my mom made a few years ago. It's time to get sewing because we are about to out grow the bag.
And I thought Polly Pocket shoes were bad. Trying locating the head light to a contruction truck in the pile of your carpet.
I have been having these same thoughts recently as I try to get the kids to clean up their room each afternoon! Little toys EVERYWHERE! I am right there with ya!! =)
ReplyDeleteOh girl! I HATE Polly pocket...and I don't even want to contemplate those tiny legos. UGH!
ReplyDelete