Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Beautiful Lengths

Jaelyn started growing her hair out last year.  I honestly didn't think her bangs would ever get there, but finally around Christmas, they could tuck behind her ears.  Her hair has gotten very long in the back.  It gets tangled easily and saying she doesn't enjoy getting her hair brushed is an understatement.  It's become a long fight so I started talking to Jaelyn about cutting her hair.  I thought shoulder length so she could get it in a pony tail would be good.  She decided to go shorter.  She didn't have the 10" required for Locks of Love, but Pantene has a program called Beautiful Lengths that only requires 8".  They make wigs for adult cancer patients.  She decided last night.  I didn't waste any time for her to change her mind.  We went to Great Clips right after school today.

Before

Getting it cut

A blessings to someone in need

Jaelyn's new do!  She does short and sassy very well!  I love it and more importantly, she loves it.

After we fluffed it up with a round brush

 

3 comments:

  1. AND she looks so much older. Sweet girl. Growing up. Sigh. Very lucious ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about Pantene's program too. I really need to get Reegan in. We plan to donate to Locks of Love. Good reminder that I need to call the hairdresser today.
    Jaelyn looks great!! Love the new short do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jaylen you and the new dew look

    real good>>>>


    GUC

    ReplyDelete