Jaelyn can be mean at times. The other night as I was rocking Caden, he said "Mommy, I wish God hadn't made Jaelyn as mean." Dan would tell you she takes after me :-p. And like me, she also has moments of generosity. She came home from school to tell me she wanted to go to Five Below (a local store where everything is $5 or less - think the dollar store only nicer stuff) and that she would give Allie and Caden each $5 so they could buy something. They've both spent all of their Christmas money, but Jaelyn still has money from selling her Barbie house. It was a really generous offer. I should probably tell you that she's been asking me to take her every couple of days and my response is always the same...."I'll take you by yourself as soon as Daddy's home because Allie and Caden don't have any money left. It wouldn't be fair to them to take all of you and them not get anything." My reponse has apparently been stewing around in her head and she finally came up with a good solution...share her money. She did it for a selfish reason, so she could buy herself something, but she didn't have to do it. She could have waited 5 more days for Dan to get home. I'm proud of her.
Wondering what they bought? Caden bought a new set of handcuffs (metal this time, not the cheap plastic ones), Allie bought a new hippity hop ball, and Jaelyn bought 1 smencil and 3 Japense erasers. Encase you are wondering, a smencil is a pencil that smells yummy...hence the name, smencil!
I also did some shopping today and spent some early birthday money. Thank you, Joanie. I'm redoing my bedroom. I'll share when I'm done.
I just have to say, "LOVE THE SOCKS!"
ReplyDeleteGoofball - you would notice their socks. :)
ReplyDeleteCan we have an AMEN for the socks??
ReplyDeleteG U C