Sunday, March 28, 2010
Caden's 6 Veggie Dinner
Caden did great at dinner tonight. The one bite rule isn't always fun, but it is making getting food in him easier. We had grilled chicken salads tonight - well, Dan, Allie and I did. Caden and Jaelyn had deconstructed salads ;-). In addition to his 5 bites of grilled chicken, Caden also had 1 pickle, 2 carrots, 1 cucumber slice, 1 spinach leaf and a bite of bell pepper on his plate (reminds me of the very hungry caterpillar.). He ate every bite on his own without crying or gagging. He even gave my chicken a thumbs up. The best part had to be his spinach. I rolled his bell pepper bite up in it like a burrito. He thought that was fun. He said "I liked the lettuce" and when I asked if he wanted another piece..."yes!" Now, I know, it's only 2 pieces of spinach, but this is the incredible non-veggie eating boy! I feel like tonight's dinner was a major triumph.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Talia has decided to try a few new things lately. She wanted a crouton from the salad, but I said that they were only for the salad and she would have to eat some lettuce first. I gave her maybe about 1/2 inch square of lettuce to eat. You should have seen the production - licking, chewing, spitting it out, gagging, the works! But she got it down, got her crouton and said, "that wasn't so bad"! I'd hate so see her eat something she REALLY doesn't like ;)
ReplyDelete