Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Another Beautiful Afternoon

Yesterday was such a success.  Jaelyn even commented to me "Mommy, this morning was bad, but the rest of the day has been fun!"  She was right.  We played all afternoon, had an easy dinner and then settled down to watch an episode of Clean House.  I'm trying to brainwash my children.  They love the show and always ohh and ahh at the reveals.  Jaelyn wants to spread stuff all over our house and call Niecy to come clean it up.  Too funny.

Back on topic - a successful Saturday.  Bedtime was so easy.  Usually I'm fighting to get everyone into pjs, get teeth brushed and get them into bed.  Then the real battle begins...being quiet and going to sleep.  Last night, everyone cooperated, climbed into bed and I never heard another peep.  They were so quiet that I checked on them after 15 minutes because I was sure the girls were getting into something.  They were sounds asleep.

The sun came back out today with temperatures in the mid-50s so after lunch we headed back to another park.  Yesterday was the giraffe park.  Today was squirrely park.  Yes, we name our parks: giraffe park, squirrely park, ladybug woods, snakey woods.  It all depends on what we see at the park.  Today's is inhabited by really freaky looking black squirrels.  They are big and scary.  We've never seen then anywhere except this particular park. 

We took the kids' scooters and let them go around the loop a few times.  We took breaks to go onto the docks and play "pooh sticks." The playground was full of playmates for games of tag and hide and seek. 


Two hours later, we headed to Giant for the fixings for sundaes.  We saw an ice cream truck and nothing makes me want ice cream more than ice cream truck music.



I'm hoping for another easy evening with long baths and a quick bedtime!

1 comment:

  1. fun fun fun! but i have to ask ... are they pastel coloured m and m's????

    we don't have them here!

    ReplyDelete