So far, we are doing well. It started snowing at 1:30 just as the kids were getting off the bus. It was really wet to begin with, but it's sticking now. We have about an inch on the ground. Jaelyn and I have a photo project planned for tomorrow so we'll be able to show you the accumulation.
Speaking of accumulation, early this morning, the national weather service was warning of 18-24 inches in my area. By around lunch time, they'd added a few more inches. Now they are warning of "WIDESPREAD STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 20 TO 30 INCHES...WITH SOME LOCATIONS IN EXCESS OF 30 INCHES." Yahoo has finally added the word "Blizzard" to their forecast for tomorrow.
I thought we were prepared. I have food and water. I bought a new Wii game. We have library books and movies. I just realized I failed in one key area of my preparation....chocolate. There's no chocolate in the house other than hot chocolate. How could I be so stupid? Oh well, at least my jeans will still fit on Monday.
Just when I think I'm done checking emails, I think, "wonder how Kelly's doing" and I know I can link to your blog and it's so enjoyable to read. Kelly, you're so good to keep us all up to date. Journalizing your family's life is so awesome in every way. Wish I could do it..Stay warm in that blizzard. We are getting hit hard with all the rain down here in Carolina. Take care, Angie
ReplyDelete